Here's a felted bunny rabbit from an old Fiber Trends pattern. I can't remember the yarn I used but obviously I wasn't listening to the old adage about naturally-colored yarns not felting well.



Last week I was watching a quilt show on tv and this quilter had made this extraordinarily complex and beautiful quilt. She told the hostess of the show that she had not left her house for 9 weeks while adding hundreds of appliqued flowers to the quilt. The amazed hostess asked about food and the quilter stated her husband had brought home food and cooked that entire time. She said she was relieved when she finished the quilt because her husband wasn't a very good cook.



Ever since I saw that I was thinking about how much more I get done when I have uninterrupted time. Now that DH has returned from his business trip I am back to cooking and cleaning and less knitting gets done. I wonder what it would be like if I had 9 weeks of uninterrupted knitting time when I did not even have to grocery shop or cook or clean. I certainly think I could finish a couple of sweaters.



Stasia asked about the Taos Wool Festival. It takes place in Kit Carson park right in the center of town and you can walk right across the street to La Lana Wools or Weaving Southwest. Last year we took some extra time and also visited Tierra Wools in Los Ojos. The festival is preceded by a week of workshops. The vendors vary each year. The judged items on display in the center tent (handspun yarn, fleeces, garments) have to be from the region.



One year La Lana Wools had an indigo dye bath going and you could bring any yarn to be dyed. I also recall Valentina Devine's booth one year with some of her unique knitted items. One unique thing about the Taos Wool Festival is that there are tours of nearby Taos Valley Wool Mill in conjunction with the festival. I think they may even bus festival participants to the mill to see yarn being produced commercially. There are events for kids, demos, cowboy poetry, music, food, sheep to shawl, sheep shearing, animals, fashion show, etc. While it isn't huge it is a pretty mellow and friendly crowd. Dogs are allowed - word is that Goldie Hawn attended with her Jack Russell terrier 2 years ago. And because it is smaller you can really have great conversations with designers and wheel builders and shepherds, etc.