I have decided to make Alice Starmore's Grapevine from Stillwater. I have heard from several knitters who have made it and one who has the Bainin in the original Clover to make it and everyone seems to think it is a really enjoyable project. I'm convinced. It is a V-necked cardigan with vines and berries and leaves and a basketweave pattern under the arms. There are a couple of photos HERE in the January 5 blog entry for Theresa (the Keyboard Biologist) - she made hers in a pretty teal color.



Originally I was thinking I'd do it in green but I just made myself a green cardigan (Sirdal). And since Malin is purple I'm trying to find another color. I can get a bag of 10 skeins of Cascade 220 for $56 and I enjoy this yarn for textured knitting. I may end up just finding another purple shade I like. It is hard though choosing Cascade 220 colors because there are so many and each online vendor sells different colors (which look different at every web site).







Here's the Cascade 220 I'm doing Malin in - a very nice purple, color 8885. I really am enjoying knitting Malin and I'll enjoy wearing it. I'm just about done with both sleeves from both Malin and Trondheim.