I've been reading the TricotNordique list on Yahoogroups. Even if you can't speak or read French, the photo gallery alone is worth checking out. Their sweaters are amazing - lots of Dales and Starmores. My undergraduate college degree is in French but I've apparently forgotten a lot. One thing I did manage to learn from TricotNordique is that Debbie New has a new book coming out - check it out HERE. I think she is tremendously talented and can't wait to get her book.



I had some bright pink Kool-Aid dyed fleece drying out on the back patio and saw a tiny crested gray bird trying to steal some of it. I put out some extra cat brushings I'd been keeping from my long hair cats to see if the birds want to use that. The ultimate irony - cat fur nests for the birds. Jack the cat isn't as interested in the birds outside the window as all the lizards crawling on the window screens.











I still have the Vinternatt kit from Nordic Fiber Arts to start. NFA sent me their current mail-order catalog with lots of their own design sweater kits along with hat and sock kits and apparently there are two new mitten kits not listed on the web site. My Cascade 220 from Webs showed up today so I will get started on Malin tomorrow. Although I like the way the Highland socks look, I may have to postpone or abandon the project because I'm not comfortable with so many WIPs.