Here's a photo of a pair of men's hiking socks. I made a few pairs of these for DH and his hiking buddies along with a pair of higher boot socks for my brother-in-law's partner Matt. This is my own design although knitting all that K2P2 rib was torture.



I finished the Spin-Off entrelac socks today. They are a Kathryn Alexander design. I also knit her artist's fingerless gloves from a previous issue of Interweave Knits. Knitting with many colors seems to be a Kathryn Alexander trademark and I was pleasantly surprised to find her web site. She has a few knitting kits and some sweaters for sale. Check out the photo composite of her studio. I should be done with my pair of entrelac socks tomorrow from 10 different colors of Kool Aid and Easter egg dyed handspun yarn.



Melissa commented about my yarn substitutions. I definitely do not always achieve success but I try to stay flexible. For instance, I purchased the Gaelic Aran yarn in a bag on sale. I planned to make Na Craga from Aran Knitting but I couldn't get gauge at all. So I switched to St. Enda instead and it worked beautifully. I swatched with some Cascade 220 to see if I could get gauge on Malin (I went up a needle size) before I ordered the yarn. I had previously noticed that someone made St. Brigid with Cascade 220 so if I'm not getting gauge once I actually start Malin I figure I can do St. Brigid instead. I do measure gauge on the sweater throughout to see if I can make any adaptations like knitting more loosely. I use Nature Spun for many Dale of Norway sweaters. I go up one needle size because NS is thinner than Heilo.