I have two finished items to report, both of which gave me problems with seaming. St. Enda is a finished item. Both DH and I plan to fight over who gets it. He didn't like the color but was surprised to see it looked good on him. I can wear it over regular clothes like a coat. I tried several seams when I sewed the saddle shoulders to the front and back pieces. Finally I decided on the slip stitch crochet seam (which saved my butt on the vest). I also wish I'd used this seam to sew the shoulders to the body of the sweater. I used the garter stitch seam for the sides of the sweater which looked fine. The more I know about all the different seams, the more picky I'm getting about them. I'll have pictures in a week or two.



My second FO is the Telemark headband from Bea Ellis Knitwear. I did it in Peer Gynt (which reminds me a lot of Dale Heilo - both are very nice yarns) with a cotton lining. I did the whole thing on size three needles rather than sizing up because my gauge was a bit looser than the pattern gauge. Plus I like a tighter headband. The pattern has you seaming the inner cotton lining right near the center. This means that any seam is going to be easily felt over your ears. I first tried the woven shoulder seam from Nancie Wiseman's finishing book which looks seamless (also called the Fake Kitchener stitch from Montse Stanley) but alas it did not feel seamless. Finally I ended up ripping out both cast off ends and just kitchenering the whole thing together. Kitchenering 120 stitches on slippery cotton yarn - Do I know how to have fun or what?







This is a stripe dyed yarn - it was originally some laceweight natural yarn from Blackberry Ridge Farm. I really like the way it turned out and may do a simple lace scarf.