I have a serious case of MD S$W Envy. I wish I could go to Maryland Sheep & Wool but instead have to amuse myself hearing about everyone else's experiences and purchases. Today I've been reading stories on blogs about the big event which just makes me more jealous. One of these years I hope to go; my best friend lives nearby so I even have a place to stay.



DH always says Maryland would be too big but he just hates crowds. At Taos Wool Festival I try to have a plan. I have a set budget then try to pre-determine what I'll buy. I also leave myself some leeway with the budget in case I find something I can't live without. That is how I ended up with my favorite Tracy Eicheim spindle one year. Last year I knew in advance I wanted a Bosworth spindle along with a copy of the Twisted Sisters Sock book. I always buy a t-shirt also. Two more weeks until the Fiber Arts Fiesta here. Robin & Russ from Oregon had a booth last time with hundreds of fiber books. I'm hoping to find some roving or top to buy. Here's some roving from my latest dye experiments.







I ordered another mitten kit from Nordic Fiber Arts today - this time I am going to do the Vinternatt. I chose blue and yellow Istra - I like Istra more than the Strikkegarn which lent an unusual puffiness to the finished mitten. NFA also has a mail-order catalog with kits for a lot more items like sweaters and hats and socks that aren't on their web site.