I was amazed to find that the chart key for Malin (In the Hebrides) fails to include two symbols that are used in chart C (lines 3 and 5). I have heard that Alice Starmore's designs are always flawless but there was also a small error in the pattern for St. Enda in the number of stitches to be picked up for the neck. I am almost done with the 1st sleeve of Malin and am really enjoying Cascade 220 for this project.







Here's some spindle spun angora from fiber I purchased at my LYS, Village Wools. I guess you'd call this designer yarn as it was hard to spin such a slippery fiber. I'm currently spinning a similar-looking yarn on my purpleheart Bosworth spindle from some mixed carded black and white cat fur (from my black cat and my white cat). I didn't originally get along with my Bosworth spindle but it is doing very well in this particular project. It is just the right weight. I have no idea what I'll do with the completed yarn. DH has asked for a cat fur item but I can't come up with anything he'd actually wear.



I organized my stash yesterday. I have WAY too much yarn - especially small odds and ends. I need to make more spontaneous scarves or possibly some fun intarsia pillows. I decided to give up on the Highland socks from Latvian Dreams. I prefer not to have so many WIPs going at the same time and I don't like short row socks much anyway.