I finally started the Spin-Off entrelac socks. I've never done entrelac before and I'm enjoying it. Here is the original colorway for the entrelac socks in some irregularly handspun Easter egg dyed Shetland - I've since added about 4 brighter colors to jazz them up. All the colors used in these socks give them a circus look.











I have also started the Stars Socks from Joseph Madl's Foot Notes: Socks to Make Your Feet Dance in the autumn colorway of Philosopher's Wool. The pattern reminds me enough of intarsia to possibly stave off the intarsia craving I've been having. (I'm trying to avoid forking over the money for a kit for the landscape socks from Borealis Sweaterscapes.)



The PW yarn is coarse. I'd compare it to Peace Fleece. I could never wear PW yarn as a sweater so I'm glad I found this out by trying out a smaller amount. The award for the coarsest, roughest, coarsest wool yarn goes to Briggs & Little Regal. I tried knitting a beaded cable mitten with Regal last year and couldn't go on to the second one. It was like knitting with thistles. Anyway, I bought the PW in a kit for socks and I have no clue if I'm going to have enough of each color for my design so I'm working both socks simultaneously.