I've decided to have my own personal knitalong. Because I want to finish Trondheim and because I'm enjoying Malin so much, I'm going to work them both simultaneously. If I finish the second sleeve of Malin I have to finish the second sleeve of Trondheim and so forth. It will be fun to finish two sweaters at the same time. Plus then I can get started on my next sweater projects. I have Dale of Norway's Kashmir waiting in the wings and I think I'm going to get some yarn to make another Alice Starmore textured project - perhaps Na Craga in some Black Water Abbey yarn for DH or perhaps Grapevine from Stillwater in more Cascade 220.



I've enjoyed reading about Wendy's catnip mouse knitalong. I decided I needed to knit something for the cats so I spent 1 1/2 hours yesterday designing and knitting a lizard. Lizards are the exciting cat thing around here - they dart around the window screens and drive our indoor cats crazy. I was so impressed on how it turned out - I did the bottom half gray and the top half green with I-cord legs and French knot eyes and the mouth even opens. It is the same size as the lizards we have also. Did the cats even spend 1/2 a second with my gorgeous creation? They could care less about the knitted lizard and barely even looked at it. I may give it to my favorite four year old boy instead.



Here's another photo of the tremendously photogenic Jack the cat hanging out on the kitchen table just waiting for a real lizard to show up.